Makeup Tutorial: How To Steal A Million
Recently during my internet travels I ran across this lovely image of Audrey Hepburn from 'How To Steal A Million':
Of course she looks gorgeous as always and her makeup is so on point. I had a go at re-creating this look and made a little photo tutorial to go along with it.
1. Prime your eyes before applying shadow. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion in 'Original'.
2. Using a fluffy brush, apply a matte brown eyeshadow to the crease area of your eye. It works well with a shadow in a shade or two darker than your skin tone. I'm using a mixture of 'Naked' and 'Buck' by Urban Decay.
3. Apply a pewter or gold eyeshadow to your eyelid. Here I am using a non-brand loose shadow applied over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy.
4. Line your lower lash line with the same brown eyeshadow that you used for your crease colour so that your eyes don't look unbalanced.
5. Line your lower waterline (and tightline if you can) with a black kohl pencil.
6. Draw a cat eye using black liquid liner.
7. Carefully trace the outline of your orbital bone to create the second line with the eyeliner. I freehanded mine but you could draw it on with your kohl pencil first so it's easier to erase if you make a mistake, then go over the top of your outline with black liquid liner.
8. Add your mascara (and false lashes if you wish).
What do you think? Would you wear this look out of the house? This is my first attempt at a photo tutorial of any kind but I think it turned out okay! Audrey wears it better but I had fun.