I really like using lipsticks which cover a range of prices - I have cheaper ones which I use for everyday, and more expensive ones which get saved for special occasions. Here are some which I use most days, or which I have been grabbing for recently. There's a huge difference in price between the cheapest and most expensive. My most used from this selection is probably the Max Factor (#3), it's such a perfect vintage-y shade for everyday.
I've been wearing a lot of more purple-y and brown-toned shades for this Autumn/Winter, but I decided to stick with reds and pinks for my list:
1) Laval Moisturising Lipstick in Evening Red, £0.95 - glossy, semi-sheer bright red which layers to form a slightly more opaque texture
2) W7 Fashion The Reds Lipstick in Chestnut, £3.95 - glossy opaque dark burgundy red
3) Max Factor Colour Collections Lipstick in Rosewood, £6.99 - demi-matte rose pink
4) Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Hollywood Red, £6.99 - dark rose pink, slightly glossy
5) Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick in Retrofuturist, £12.99 - highly pigmented and very opaque true red
6) Bésame Cosmetics 1945 American Beauty Lipstick, £22.00 - demi-matte blue-based red